I realized the other day, that something is what you make of it. For some, facebook is a place to connect, talk to friends, find old friends, or find new. But then there are the other sad, amusing or constnat faces of the site:
1) The sharer – They constantly push all the awesome pictures, blips, videos, statuses or quizzes they find. Do you want all this ? Possibly, one of ten maybe…. Maybe you would like to actually hear about them!
2) The mother – everything they find in their day time, their children, their moments, are blogged onto this 24/7 update of their life. You may not want to know that little johnny as just learned to spit up, but you cannot unread what you just read!
3) The opinionater – They are constantly voicing their opinion of anything, everything and constantly. They constantly have to express their opinion on something that happened, and they tend to do it in a way that makes you wish they would shhhhhh.
4) The gamer – they constantly are playing their games, poking you for help so they can afford their new upgrade, hoping you will send them free stuff so they need not invest actual money into it.
5) The drama queen – constantly have to update every moment of everyone else’s lives, their anger, their sadness, their moments that apparently are buzz worthy for everyone they don’t actually talk to.
6) Motivator – They will only update if its to help someone, pass on some bit of advice, or heck are willing to make you feel better. You may not know what’s actually happening in their life, as they tend not to post about it.
7) The constant updater – if you don’t know what they have done in the past hour, then they must be sick!
8) The non facer – they have a page, they are occasionally on their, but honestly, they have friend requests from months ago and their last update was three years ago.
9) The stalker – they always are checking out what’s going on, digging up old friends, lovers, haters, and things that just don’t need to be found. But hey, someone should be doing it! Right?
10) The business minded – they have their pages/their work site, updates for coupons, work talk, or just fun. Great way to get the word out, as long as its not too annoying to make people block you.
Now, this is what I made of it, trying to put a fun spin on a weird thing that we didn’t have ten years ago, but most people wouldn’t know what to do if it shut down! There may be more faces to the book, but hey, this is who I get to meet when I log on, if you have any others feel free to add on!